This is not a post about being overwhelmed with my role as a mother of two. Well....because frankly while I am overwhelmed at times I definitely feel like things are much easier this time around. He is a happy baby, sleeps pretty good and loves to eat. I have no complaints....really.
Then what am I overwhelmed with? I would have to say my love for him. When I was pregnant I would rub my belly as he moved around and I would wonder if it was at all possible to love him as much as I loved Kameron. How could I seriously love him that much? Was it really possible? Yes....yes it is.
There are times during the day that I am completely overwhelmed with how much I love him; no more than I love Kameron but equally. I love when he looks at me when he is nursing; sure he may not be able to really "see" me but he is looking in my direction. I love when he falls asleep on my chest. I absolutely love to see him and Kameron together; talk about my heart overflowing with love.
Today during church I was completely overwhelmed. During worship with the love of the Lord covering me and my son cradled in my arms, I truly felt as if my heart would explode. All I could do was to thank God for his love and his blessing in my life; all I could do was stare at my son with love as tears filled my eyes. I was so completely overwhelmed with how great my life is. I still can't believe that I am a mother of two, I can't believe that Landon is actually here and I can't believe that he is actually mine. Sure I have rough days but I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. I never knew I could feel so complete.
Aggggh I'm so happy for you! The last paragraph really made me smile. The Lord is incredible isn't he? Love is the most important thing in life. I'm so glad your life is so full of it!:)
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing :) its hard to explain the love unless you expierence it firsthand, but it truly is the greatest feeling ever <3 congratulations on both of your beautiful babies <3
ReplyDeleteI want a new update, and some new pictures of the lil guy! I know you're a busymommy, but I miss your posts!
ReplyDelete