My poor blog has been neglected. I have been super busy chasing after a little boy who can crawl from one end of our 2000 sq ft house to the other in 6.2 seconds, seriously. This boy is super fast! And now he is pulling up on things, cracking his head/chin/eye on almost everything, and all around keeping me on my toes. Then came school work and then Thanksgiving.
The day before Thanksgiving my mom and sister came to my house to do some pre-thanksgiving cooking. We had a great day. At about 4pm I started having a tickle in my throat. I drank more water, tried cough drops, tic tacs, and gum; the tickle stayed. Then I started coughing. And the coughing involved that nasty taste of mucus on its way. :-/ Thanksgiving day I woke up to major sore throat, coughing, and mucus. I didn't have a fever so I wrote it off as a nasty cold. I began cooking as everyone was coming to my house to eat that afternoon. 3:45pm I checked my temperature 100.5, but I still didn't cancel. Everyone came to my house and ate, I could barely choke down any food. I was so miserable that I even contemplated going to the ER. But I toughed out the night, coughing, taking multiple baths because my body hurt so bad from the fever, throwing up because of drainage. At 11am Friday morning I was diagnosed with Influenza Type A. Yep, I had the flu. Oh yeah....and I had everyone at my house for Thanksgiving while I had the flu. :-/ I was so upset and miserable. I called my mom almost in tears. My husband, kids, niece, and nephew are now on tamiflu. I unfortunately can not take it since I am breastfeeding. So I am taking a combo of motrin, tylenol, dayquil, and mucinex. Thankfully my milk supply is ample as ever despite all the decongestants I am currently on.
The only person in my family that has received the flu shot is my mom. From here on out I will definitely be getting one. Sure I have only had the flu twice in my 29 years, but this mess is AWFUL!!! I honestly told the doctor "I feel like I'm dying" because at the time that was how I felt. Now, I feel some better as my fever is lower, but I am still miserable. Freddie was supposed to work night shift all weekend, I was almost in tears thinking about taking care of two kids all weekend by myself while battling the flu. Thankfully, he took the weekend off to help me.
So due to my current state, Landon's 8 month pictures will probably not happen on time. Heck, I may not even get his update up. I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend and next week. I off to go drink gatorade and medicate.
My husband never wanted the flu shot, then one year he got influenza and said the same thing "I'm dying" - it was awful. He now gets his shot every year, I've always gotten it for school or work but we haven't yet :s
ReplyDeleteI've been looking for flu shot clinics since you posted on instagram.
I hope your getting the rest you need and are on the mend soon, and hopefully your family is able to fight it off with the help of the tamiflu, if it doesn't stop them from getting it than it should at least make it less serious so they don't get it as bad as you :(
<3
I'm so so sorry, Rian!! I hope you're feeling much better after such a crazy week/end. I hope you were able to rest and have some help with Landon and Kameron. Sending much love and huge hugs, my friend. Xoxox
ReplyDeleteMaria