Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Blessed boobies

Blessed boobies....kind of a weird title isn't it? Well, today I was thinking about all the things I have had to go through to have my children. And at times I am still sad that I never got my "ideal" birth. I went from not being able to get pregnant, to needing medicine to get pregnant, to having to have a c-section just to deliver my babies. Apparently my body was not made to have children (in my mind). So when it came to breastfeeding I was determined to make it work, and it came pretty easy. I was and still am shocked. Combined I have breastfed for 28 months. Some women are not able to breastfeed whether it is from lack of proper instruction, low milk supply, or various other reasons. I, however, have been able to; and have never had to worry about a low milk supply, whether my children were getting enough to eat, and have been very successful with it. For that I am ever so thankful. So in the big picture, I may not have been able to have a baby like a normal person, but I have blessed boobies and am I thankful for them. I have had so many special moments with both of my children because of breastfeeding. Moments that my husband has not been able to share, moments that are all to me. Sure breastfeeding is hard. Sure getting mastitis is no fun. Sure there are nights that I wish I wasn't the "milk lady" because I could use a break. But that would mean giving up those moments when Landon hums as he eats, where he cradles my breast and rubs my shirt, where he stares into my eyes and looks at me with love, when he smiles at me with a mouth full of booby. Those moments are so special to me, they are moments that I will remember forever. They are moments that I would never give up for more sleep.

So when I think about the fact that I missed out on my "ideal" delivery, I just remind myself of how lucky and blessed I am that I have been able to breastfeed my children with little to no difficultly. Some women are not as lucky or blessed as I am in the booby department. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. I loved this post, Rian!! When Steve and I took our childbirth class, there was an exercise where we had cards with all the possible positives and negatives that could come with childbirth and after. The teacher asked us all to choose what would be the most upsetting if it didn't go as planned. And I chose breastfeeding. It is something I hope and pray I will be able to do! I think it is wonderful and such a beautiful way to bond with your child. I really admire that you've been able to for 28 months between Kameron and Landon. Loved the title of your post! :) hope you're having a relaxing night! Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I'm so glad you enjoyed this post, Maria! Breastfeeding is such a big part of my life! I don't know if you check your replies or not, but if you ever have any questions about breastfeeding, I would be very happy to help you! I hope you are having a great week so far!

      Delete
  2. I love this post :) I also am very thankful for those same moments <3

    ReplyDelete