Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

No Shoes Nation 2013

Last night was a night that I will never forget. But let me back up to how we even got to have this experience. Friday night some friends of ours called and said they had free tickets to the Kenny Chesney concert and wanted to know if we wanted to go. Freddie told him that we needed to check with my parents before we could commit, so I called my mom. I barely got the words out of my mouth asking her to watch the kids before she gave me an enthusiastic yes! So we were set to go!

I haven't been to a concert in a long time. The last concert I went to was an Alison Krauss concert with my daddy. It was held at a small venue. This concert was going to be held at Williams Brice Stadium, so it was going to be much bigger! I was so excited. But then I got a little anxious. I had no milk for Landon and I was going to be gone from him for 6+ hours. Despite pumping three times I only had a 2 ounce bottle to leave with my mom. My anxiety was a little high as we dropped off the kids. I knew they were in the best of hands, but I still had that fear that I would get a call saying that Landon was inconsaloble.

After we dropped off the kids we met up with our friends so that we could all ride together. Oh and let me mention, it was raining at that time. Raining with a cold wind and the temps were only in the 60's. So not typical May South Carolina weather.

We arrived at the stadium and found our seats. Not too long after we got there it started drizzling, but luckily I had my rain jacket. The first band that played was the Eli Young Band. They were really good. Next up was the Zac Brown Band....THEY WERE AWESOME!!!! I enjoyed their performance so much as they sang their songs and then covered a Metallica's Enter Sandman and Charlie Daniels' The Devil Went Down to Georgia. I could have left then and been completely happy, but we of course stayed around for Kenny.

While we waited for the stage to be set up for Kenny, we watched the drunk people around us. :-/ I won't get into the numerous things we saw drunk people doing. Why anyone would want to ruin an experience like that by getting drunk is beyond me. Oh and then to have to walk down stadium rows while drunk to leave!!! I could barely do it sober! Lol.

Finally Kenny came on around 9pm. We stayed thru the first 7 or so songs. He was great. I did have some problems understanding what he was saying sometimes, but he put on a good show. We left the show at 10. Proceeded to pass more drunk people as we made the walk back to our car, and then our night was over.

Landon was perfectly fine the whole time we were gone. He never even took a bottle, but he did eat my parents out of house and home. He was asleep when we got to their house, but we were able to get him home and laid back down with no problems.

I can't tell you how much I needed last night. It was amazing!! Absolutely amazing and revitalizing. I have not been away from Landon for more than 2-3 hours since he was born. To be able to enjoy time with my husband and friends without having to worry about my children was so nice. I was so incredibly happy last night as I went to sleep. I felt like a new woman. I know that may come off wrong, but even when you are a parent you still need to have time for yourself. I didn't realize how important that was until last night.

Now here are some pictures and video from last night. Enjoy!!










1 comment:

  1. so glad you and freddie had a wonderful night out!! ohmygosh, the concert looks awesome, rian! i love the zac brown band...the lyrics to their songs always get me. love the photos and the ones of you two!!
    ahh, and alison krauss. she is my absolute favorite. not a day goes by that i don't listen to her. glad you're feeling refreshed! sending lots of love and wishing you a wonderful tuesday! xoxox

    ReplyDelete