Smack, smack....crinkle, crinkle...These are the sounds of my daughter crawling around my house. And occasionally these sounds are followed by a "ha aha haha" or "dadadadada...hey!" I know she is 7 months old and 18 pounds, but when she is crawling around the house she seems so small! Everything is so much bigger than her and I am constantly paranoid that she is going to hit her head on everything!!! She has been crawling for over a month now and I still have not "baby proofed" the house. I am so slack!!! I have even bought the outlet covers, but they are still in the bag just waiting on me to put them on the outlets. Geez....I will do that today, I swear! :)
I can not believe that Thanksgiving is 2 weeks and 1 day away!!! Goodbye 2009, here comes 2010!! I am already ready to decorate for Christmas because I am so excited about it being Kamerons' first one!!! I have even purchased her first present...a Cabbage Patch Doll!! She won't be having a big Christmas, but even so I am totally excited and can't wait for her to open her presents. And of course I am sure she will be more interested in the paper and the boxes instead of the actual present, but that is okay.
Now, my next debate with myself is whether or not to have "Santa Clause" be a part of her holiday. I had Santa Clause growing up and wasn't too devastated when I found out there wasn't one, but for my sister it was different (Love you, Katie!). I stayed up late one Christmas Eve to discover Mom and Dad putting presents under the tree and despite me telling her and insisting that he wasn't real, Katie would not believe me. Poor thing had quite the mean older sister that had to destroy her Christmas spirit. So I am left with the decision of should I tell her that there is a Santa Clause only for her to find out later that I lied and there isn't one, or tell her that me and her Daddy are Santa Clause?!?!?! I personally enjoyed the idea of Santa Clause when I was little and really enjoyed reading "The Night Before Christmas", but I still have a little bit of time before I have to make my decision. "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!"......
Oh my gosh! I totally relate to your Santa dilema!! My husband says YES definitley santa..and so does everyone else in my family! But I am very VERY indecisive about it. If it were just up to me, I wouldnt. But these are my husbands kids too, shouldnt he have some say so?? As kids Rick and I both always got so excited and above every other gift under the tree we wanted to know what santa brought! But when we learned there was no santa, it really took out a lot of excitement for us. So my theory is if you raise your kids to be excited about what Christmas is really about then there will never be a disapointment because nothing will ever change! And Christmas will always be fun for them!
ReplyDeleteSo GOOD LUCK on your decision. I have a feeling I will lose my battle :)