Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Friday, April 2, 2010

One Year Later

Wow! It has been a year since my little girl was born. I am still in shock at how fast it has gone.

This time last year, if someone had told me that a little 7 lb 5 oz baby would totally turn my world upside down, I 'm not sure that I would have believed them. My life is so completely different than it was before, and I wouldn't change a thing. I am completely blessed.

Before I had Kameron, my life was empty. I had a great husband, but I felt like something was missing. That missing link was my child. I tried for so long to have a baby, and I had begun to think that it would not happen for me. I was devastated just thinking about the possibility that I couldn't have children. Then something wonderful happened...I finally peed on a stick and the result came out positive. From the moment that positive sign showed up I loved my child. I didn't know if "it" was going to be a boy or a girl or who it would look like, but I knew I loved it.

As my belly grew and we found out "it" was a she I fell even more in love with her...my little Kameron. When my water broke I shook with fear and anticipation of finally meeting her. I had to labor for 36 hours and end up having a c-section before I finally saw her. She was beautiful, but I didn't get to hold her until I got to recovery. Once in recovery, the child I had longed for was finally in my arms and she was breastfeeding like a champ. Finally I was a mom. From that day things have continued to get better. Sure, we have had our bad days, but I can't complain.

I'm a mom....it's my title...it's my job description...it's my life. I sit here with tears streaming down my face in awe of the fact that God blessed me with such a sweet, lovable, beautiful girl. She is my very own. There is nothing better than her laugh, her smile, her kiss, her arms around my neck. She has my heart....she IS my heart. I would do anything for her.....she is my world.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my sweet little girl! I will love you always!!

No comments:

Post a Comment