I haven't blogged in a long time now. Life has been so busy and I have my hands full with Kameron constantly being on the go. She is up to running now and is into everything!!! She had a good first birthday, first family vacation and has started so many new things.
Everyday she is doing something different to the point that I can't keep up. She says 20-25 words now. She is so smart!!!! Often times she will come up to me and she sounds like she is having a complete conversation with me; however, I can't understand her.haha I just act like I completely understand what she is saying, and her look of pure seriousness is adorable!! She has gotten so good at saying thank you, but she has also learned how to throw a tantrum. *sigh* She now knows how to whistle, wave and say bye-bye and to blow the fluff off dandelions. Just in case you don't know what that is here is a picture....
She is now 13 months old, 20 lbs and 28 inches tall. Yeah...she is short just like her mom!!! She is STILL teething. UGH....will it ever be over?!?!?! Her eye teeth are coming in (typically babies don't get these till they are 18 months or older!) and she is not happy about it and neither is mommy!!! I hope to wean her soon, but she is not happy about the attempts I have made so far to begin this process...hopefully we will get on the same page soon. That's not to say that I'm sad to see this part of our relationship to be done with, it really breaks my heart to think about weaning her. But I believe it is time for this to take place. Not because someone has told me that she is too old to still be breastfeeding (personally I don't care what anyone thinks about it or the fact that I have done it this long), but I'm ready for her to be independent. She needs to learn how to soothe herself and to not always use mommy to do it. I am so proud of myself for making it this far, I truly believe that I have done a great thing for her and I will never regret it.
I can't believe that I celebrated my second Mother's Day!! I had a very good day that had some interesting aspects to it. We all went to the lake, laid out, ate chicken salad (that I made for the first time)and I got burnt!!! Oops!!! I put sunscreen on Kameron & Freddie, but not myself. I also yelled at the people next door because they weren't controlling their dogs (one big one, one little one). They rushed at my mom when she was holding Kameron trying to put her to sleep, thanks to that Kameron didn't go to sleep. And then after that, the little one came back, rushed at us again and tried to take Kameron's favorite stuffed animal. That was the last straw!!!! I stomped (yes stomped) over to their house and yelled at them..."EXCUSE ME!!!! YOU NEED TO COME GET YOUR DOG!!!! I HAVE A YOUNG CHILD AND I DON'T WANT HIM AROUND HER!!!!!!!!!!" Now, I don't have anything against dogs or animals in general, but I'm sorry, if I don't know the animal I'm going to be cautious around them with my child. The next part of my day turned out be very much like a soap opera, and is a very long story. The short of it, my father-in-law had been unreachable for almost 24 hours by his girlfriend (girlfriend was in VA so she couldn't go look for him), so she called Freddie for help. After two hours of looking for him it turned out that he had Tiger Wood's syndrome (Freddie's words) because he finally showed up at his house with his other girlfriend. OH THE DRAMA!!! But in all I had a great Mother's Day. : D
Here is picture of my beautiful girl!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment