So, after many failed attempts to actually lose weight and exercise I decided that maybe I should set a goal to achieve that would maybe help me to exercise/lose weight. After many minutes thinking I decided...............to................RUN A 5K!!!!!!!! No, I have not lost my mind, but I am really hoping that this will work. I was supposed to start training last week, but it didn't happen. And even though I am currently sick, I still started training today. YAY me!!!
The program I will be using is Couch to 5k cause I am basically going from the couch to running. Today wasn't too bad....a total of 25 minutes on the treadmill, alternating walking and jogging. I was wore out when I finished and I still feel like crap, but I did it!!! The program has you only working out 3 times a week so on my off days I am planning on doing yoga to help me strengthen my back. Since I had Kameron I have had severe back pain and spasms, so I finally went to see a neurologist. Come to find out I do have some osteoarthritis and a condition (that I was probably born with) that causes my vertebrae to flex further than they should. So, the best solution for me is to exercise in order to strengthen my back muscles. So, hopefully this will work so I will stop hurting.
KAMERON UPDATES:
Kameron is getting so big!!! She will be 15 months on Friday. I still have a hard time believing that she has grown so fast. As of last Thursday she weighed 21 lbs, and I'm thinking that she is around 30 inches tall. Yeah, she's still short, and I'm not sure there is much to do about it since she got my genes. =) She is talking up a storm!!! She says several phrases "All done." "Some more." "thank you" "sit down" "stand up" "bye bye". And she is trying to say I love you!!! : ' ) It always makes me tear up. If I had to estimate she probably says somewhere between 50-75 words. She is a true chatterbox!! She has learned how to give hugs and it is so sweet!!! She knows what several of her body parts are called (ears, hair, eye, nose, mouth, belly and toes), and she can point them out to you when you ask her to. And she completely understands what I am telling her even if she doesn't act like when I am telling her "NO!". She will go to her room when I tell her it's time to change her diaper, and will head straight to her bathroom when I ask her is she is ready for her bath! She loves her bath!!! Right now her new favorite word is chicken, and everything is chicken. Cherrio's = chicken, Noni (my mom)= chicken. She is so silly and makes me laugh everyday even when I am trying to discipline her.
I will try to update this a often as I can, but it may be difficult as we are trying to sell our house. As of tomorrow it will be listed with Lauren Porter Wilbert at Exit Real Estate. We are very excited about this, but nervous as well. Please be praying that all goes well for us. Until next time..........
No comments:
Post a Comment