With my music turned up, the wind tousles my hair as it whips through the windows of my truck. The temperature is a perfect 74 degrees and so begins my perfect night. As I navigate the roads to my parents house and pass White Knoll High School the sounds of a drum line warming up reach my truck, and with that noise I am transported back to my high school days. I am woken up from my daydream as a little voice says, "see kitty, doggies!!! woof!!", she is watching Milo & Otis in the back seat and I smile as I respond "Yes, I see that kitty. Isn't he pretty?" "awwwww....cute!" she says. And so goes our conversation as we travel the road over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house we go, or in this case to Noni's house we go. As we pull into my parent's subdivision her face lights up, she knows where we are.
Once we get to my parent's house we all sit outside enjoying the crisp air as it blows across our skin. The sight of her swinging with her Granddaddy and Noni is a sight I will never forget. Granddaddy shows her how to throw the ball for the dogs and she giggles as she throws it a mere foot in front of her. As the night gets cooler and her nose begins to turn pink, we decide to head inside.
Once inside we enjoy a wonderful meal of rigatoni and sauce. Kameron devours it and makes us all laugh at her antics. As we leave she clings to her Noni because she doesn't want to go home. Finally she goes to her Granddaddy who loads her up in her carseat. And again we are winding the roads, but this time we are heading to our house. "see kitty, doggies!!! woof!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment