My daughter is beautiful. Her big brown eyes, her button nose and her big smile make my heart melt every time I see her. Her laugh always makes me laugh. I love all her mannerisms; how she says "ahhh" after taking a long drink from her cup, how she pokes out her bottom lip when she doesn't get what she wants and she runs around the room saying "dancing" when music is playing.
I love how smart she is, and I love to watch her learn new things every day. She amazes me with the sentences she can formulate. She now knows what pages in her Dr. Seuss book have certain letters on them, and when we get to that page she says along "I..i...I".
She now consistently sleeps through the night. She goes to bed awake with her Minnie Mouse doll, pillow and blanket; and puts herself to sleep. I love going to check on her before I go to bed; looking at her with her little hands folded under her cheek and Minnie tucked in her arm. Times like this remind me how blessed I am.
My daughter takes a bad day and brings joy to it. She makes me smile despite the sorrow or worry I may feel. I thank God every day for the pure joy He has put in my life by giving me my daughter. I prayed for so long to be a mother, and I couldn't be more pleased/blessed with the child He has granted me. She is the light of my life, and she has stolen my heart.
I still can't believe that in 1 short month she will be 2 years old! I miss my sweet little newborn, but I cherish the adorable toddler I have now. My daughter is simply put, the best thing in the world!
I just recently started reading your blog, they are soo inspiring!! It's amazing how fast Kameron is growing. I love hearing you describe the things she does!! So cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Holly!
ReplyDeleteYour grandmother Frances Ann was my first cousin. I have been following your wonderful blog for quite awhile, thinking each time I read it how much joy Kameron would have brought to her great-grandma!
ReplyDelete