Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

It has been over a month since I last blogged. Shame on me but really I haven't had much time or much to write about. School is keeping me really busy as is a sorta potty training 2 year old. Yep she is finally going pee on the potty sometimes. Some days she wants to go all day on the potty other days she is just as happy sitting in her diaper peeing away. :-/ hahaha....we will get there one day; hopefully before she starts school! ;-)

School....last term stunk. I have never had such a hard time with school as I did last term. I busted my butt but my grades weren't showing it. I failed all but 3 quizzes in my accounting class. Every test in my healthcare class I never made over a 78. Really?! What the heck was I doing wrong?! I never figured it out but I was able to end up with a B in both classes (thank goodness for assignments and discussions). As much as I struggled I was more than happy with a B!!

This past term made me reevaluate what degree I am pursuing. Did I really want to be in administration? Do I really want to struggle through all these classes just to not be happy with the career I have chosen? Heck no! So if I don't pursue Healthcare Administration what career will I chose? I am still in the thinking stages of this decision but I am definitely leaning towards psychology. Why? I feel like psychology may be a better fit for me. I really enjoyed my psychology class at tech and I feel like my recent experience with my miscarriage had led me to be a more sympathetic person. I have discussed it with Freddie, my sister and my parents. They all support me if I make this change and all seem to have the general idea that psychology will be a better fit for me than healthcare administration. So if I chose this path I have a long road ahead of me especially if I want to be a psychologist. I have to get my bachelors degree which I am almost halfway through with then after that I will hopefully get accepted into a doctorate program. This program will be 5 years long in total. It involves getting my masters, getting my doctorate and then a residency. So potentially I have 7-8 years of school left ahead of me. Wow that is crazy to type. But I think that if I pursue this it will be totally worth it in the end.

I hope that when I make this decision I can see it through. Going to school in itself is hard enough but going to school online while taking care of a child is a totally different experience. I wish I would have completed school before I had Kameron but if I had I wouldn't have the life experiences I have now that will hopefully lead me to make the best decision regarding my career. I'm off to continue thinking! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I admire anyone who makes a choice to continue their education, BUT i especially admire moms who do it. Because as much as i love the idea of finishing school i just dont have the drive to do so, after being mommy alllll day! SO, good for you! Im sure whatever career path you choose, u will be great at it!

    ReplyDelete