Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's a ....................

BOY!!!!!!! 

Now I'm sure that many of you are wondering how in the world does she know so soon. Well this pregnancy has been an experience for sure. One that has involved a huge ovarian cyst (at one point was 10 cm and is now down to 8 cm) and random bleeding/spotting. Yesterday was a day of bad cramps and then spotting today. Ugh!! So after talking with the doctor's office they asked me to come in for an ultrasound. I believe this is my 6th ultrasound so far this pregnancy. The ultrasound showed the baby with a great heartbeat of 156 beats per minute and measuring in at 15 weeks. My big ole cyst is still hanging around and my doctor said that it may be there until after delivery since it seems to not want to leave. But the fun part was when the ultrasound tech said she was going to try to see if we could see what "it' was. Swing around to the business end of things and she says "do you see what I see?" and I say "I'm pretty sure I do" and then she does a measurement of the baby again and rechecks between the legs. This time I say "That's a penis!!" and she says "it sure is!". hahaha Of course this early on she won't say 100% that it's a boy but she is 95% sure that it is and so far my doctor's office has a 100% gender prediction rate. Not too shabby! :) So here is my little guy.....Landon Frederick.
Chilling out upside down. :)

His turtle! haha

Now my stats so far:

How far along? 14 weeks 2 days

Total weight gain/loss: Still down 2 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. woohoo!!!

Maternity clothes? definitely!

Best moment this week: finding out that "it" is a boy! :-)

Movement:  Yep! And the hubby has even felt him move too. Definitely a soccer or football player in there!

Food cravings: absolutely nothing!!!

Gender: Chinese gender calendar said girl and the heart rate had everyone thinking it was a girl BUT IT WAS WRONG!!! BOY BOY BOY!!!! :) Now I gotta buy all new stuff!

What I miss: nothing. I am so completely happy right now!

What I am looking forward to: seeing my baby again in 2 weeks and feeling him move more everyday

:)

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! And great to find out so soon so you can have extra time for some fun shopping for your little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name Landon!!! I know you are so excited !

    ReplyDelete