Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Touch

Today Landon and I were laying in the bed together. He had just woken up from his nap so I decided to try and snuggle with him. I was really hoping that he would go back to sleep but he didn't. It was totally worth him not going back to sleep. As we lay there he kept staring at me with his big eyes. He has recently started grabbing his toys and learning how to touch them, but we didn't have any toys in the bed. Instead it was just me and him staring at each other. As he stared at me he reached his arm out with this serious look on his face. His little brow was furrowed in concentration as he stretched it all the way out and touched my face. He touched my cheek, he touched my nose and he touch my lips. I smiled at him, he smiled back and he touched my face some more. It was such a sweet moment as he explored my features and used his new skill of reaching and touching.

Later as we were eating supper, I was holding Landon. He watched my fork go from my plate to my mouth. The whole time he was watching me eat he was either rubbing my ear, neck or hair. Even though I was having to eat while holding him, I didn't mind one bit.

Just typing out these moments make my heart swell with love. I know I have been blogging a lot lately whether it is video, pictures or words. But I don't want to forget anything. I have already forgotten so much from when Kameron was a baby and have started forgetting stuff about Landon. I barely remember the first month of his life. How is that possible? I want every sweet moment etched in my mind. I want to always remember him touching my face for the first time. I want  to always remember him watching my mouth and laughing as I sang to him tonight. I want to always remember this feeling. The feeling of my child in my arms and my heart swelling with love. I don't ever want to forget.

2 comments:

  1. this was so sweet, rian. i can imagine what it must feel like. and i'm sure it just makes you want to burst with such happiness and love.
    i love that you keep track of all the milestones and take tons of photos. i can't wait to do the same. you really don't wanna miss any of it.
    thank you so much for all of your sweet prayers along the way. you are a great friend. <3
    xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh :) this exploring stage is my favourite!!!
    So so cute <3

    I know what you mean about forgetting :( I need to get my butt in gear and get MV's baby book caught up before I forget anything!

    ReplyDelete