.....it has been almost 3 months since I last posted. So much has happened in that time. Some I can talk about, some I can't. Some days were really hard, almost impossible to survive. And other days were a breeze. My children have grown and changed so much in these past months. Landon is so big now weighing in at 25 lbs and 33 inches tall. He still isn't talking too much, but makes up for it in mischief. Kameron started preschool and loves it!!! She is now working on writing her name and can recognize numbers now. She is really thriving in school. One day I will sit down and write more stuff about the milestones that both of the kids have achieved lately. Like school, dance, big boy bed/room, and our second family vacation.
I'm asking for prayers though (the purpose of this post), Landon is to have a sleep study done on November 12th. For months now I have noticed how he will stop breathing and cough in his sleep. I brought this up to his pediatrician, and we tried a couple of things to see if it would help. We put him back on reflux meds, they didn't help. We added in an inhaler 4 times a day, it didn't help. On the way home from our vacation we left at night so the kids would sleep on the way home. Landon quickly fell asleep and I was able to watch him sleep for 2 1/2 hours. During those hours he stopped breathing 4-5 times, each time he would gape open his mouth, stick his tongue out all the way, and gasp for breath like a fish out of water. To say I'm worried is a under statement. I know something is possibly wrong with him, but we don't know what yet. I'm hoping the sleep study gives us answers. I'm sure the sleep study will be hell. Landon doesn't like doctors/nurses/anyone in scrubs messing with him. I'm sure I will have to hold him down while they attach all the wires, electrodes, and whatever else they need. But if I have to do it to get answers then I will, I just hope we get some answers.
I hope to be back soon with pictures and/or updates.
Has Landon had the sleep study done yet? If so, sure hope he got good news!
ReplyDelete