On Wednesday March 9th I began to experience severe cramps. I wasn't expecting this at all since I had already scheduled my D&C for Friday the 11th. My doctor had told me that if my cramps or bleeding got worse to call her office. I called them and was informed that it was quite possible that my body had decided to take care of things by themselves; they then scheduled me for an ultrasound for the next day. I honestly didn't think my body was going to take care of things. Here I had taken pills to help and they didn't work; and at this point it had possibly been almost 2 weeks since our baby had passed. If I had only known what my night was going to be like...
By 7:30 that night I knew that it was pretty possible that things were going to happen naturally. By that time the cramps were so severe I couldn't stand up straight and was light headed. I have never experienced pain like this in my life. I've been in labor and I've kidney stones; this pain was much worse than either of these. By 9pm I knew there was no way I could take care of Kameron or be alone that I night. I called my parents and asked if we could stay the night, they of course said yes. There was no way I was going to be able to drive so Freddie took us to my parents on his way to work.
By midnight the cramps were non-stop and lasted that way until 4am. On Thursday March 10th on what would have been my 11th week of pregnancy; my body finally released my baby. By that point I was so exhausted and was completely pale, I feel into bed and finally was able to sleep for a couple of hours. At 7:45am Freddie came and picked me up so that we could go to my appointment.
Once the ultrasound was complete the tech gave us the news that everything looked as good as could be expected. My body had done it's job and she was 99% sure that I wouldn't have to have the D&C. I was relieved that I shouldn't have to endure surgery along with the pain I had to endure the night before. At 1pm that day, the doctor called to confirm what the ultrasound tech had stated. I didn't have to have the D&C!!! I was so happy!
I feel that I can truly begin my healing now. I can heal physically and I can begin to heal emotionally. Emotionally I'm not sure that all the pain will ever go away, but one day the pain won't hurt as bad.
Glad that you got your way in this! God is good and He knows what we can handle and can't. You are stronger than I in the fact that you could do it yourself. Handle seeing it all. You are a brave, brave woman and I applaud you!!
ReplyDeleteThe pain will go away. Every once in a while, you'll feel it but after some time (probably more time than you'd want) you'll go through days and not even think about it.
I know we've never really talked but I'm here as someone who's been through it if you ever need! Again, praying for you still!!
Lindsey
Thank you so much, Lindsey! I know we have never met but I feel like in a way that I know you; mainly through Katie. :) Thank you for your wonderful comments and encouragement. I feel like the pain has lessened this week and I didn't even think about yesterday being my 12 week mark until I went to bed last night. I am so thankful for the people God has put in my life that have been through the same thing I have and have given me hope that this too shall pass. Thank you again...I can't seem to say that enough!
ReplyDelete