Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in review

2011 was definitely a year that had many ups and downs. A full year that has changed my life in so many ways. Here is my year in review.

January:  Hello new year!!! I'm always excited to start a new year and of course I have resolutions that I never keep. One of which was to lose weight but that plan quickly changed. January 24th we found out we were pregnant!

February: The first half of the month was spent in complete bliss over being pregnant and completely stressed out with school. February 22nd we got our first glimpse at our little one. So tiny, measuring 2 weeks behind with a slow heartbeat of only 80 bpm. My world began to crumple.

March: A month I hope to never repeat. March 4th my world completely fell apart with words that my baby no longer had a heartbeat. March brought heartbreak, tears, pain and the start of a journey that I had hoped would never happen. My journey through surviving a miscarriage.

April: We celebrated Kameron turning 2, went on a family vacation and I continued healing. April 17th with a comment on my blog a new friendship was formed with a wonderful lady who has been my rock in so many ways.

May: I continue to struggle through school. My miscarriage made having motivation to complete my schoolwork even harder. Freddie and I decided that we will make one more attempt to add to our family.

June: I turned 28. Began our journey to conceive our rainbow baby.

July: Month 2 of trying to conceive. I decided to change my major in school. I began to do more research to see if this career choice is the right one for me. I began to see some good things coming from my miscarriage: a new friendship, being a pen-pal for other women going through the same journey and helping me to realize that the career choice/major I was pursuing was not the one for me.

August: Oh surprise, surprise. What I thought couldn't possibly happen again so fast indeed did happen again. August 6th I get another positive pregnancy test. I'm pregnant for the 2nd time in a year. So much happiness and fear in 2 pink lines. Beta levels are drawn and show that my pregnancy is proceeding as it should be. I still hold my breath. August 18th filled with fear I call the doctor because of severe pain; I fear I'm losing my baby. Thank goodness it is only a cyst!!! August 26th we saw our baby for the first time; measuring exactly on time and a beautiful heartbeat of 122 bpm. I have a grin on my face you can't wipe off!

September: Morning sickness says hello. Only a few people know I am pregnant so I avoid many people. I start to show early and can no longer wear my pants. lol. Plagued by a huge cyst I get to have several ultrasounds and watch my baby get bigger and bigger.

October: I make it to the second trimester. I breathe a sigh of relief and make my announcement on FB that we are expecting again. I begin to feel my baby move. October 18th we find out that we are having a boy!! We are so excited. I complete my first psychology course with an A. I feel even more confident that I made the decision to change my major.

November: Take a break from school and focus on my photography business. So happy to get more experience but that happiness is short lived when I keep having spotting and my doctor advises me that I need to take it easy. :-( Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family! November 29th we see our little guy again. We confirm that he is indeed a boy and that he is 100% healthy. :-)

December: Busy month full of preparing for Christmas and making DIY Christmas gifts. Seriously the best month ever with Kameron's excitement over the holiday, tree and lights. My sweet Landon moves constantly. Christmas is seriously the best Christmas ever. December also brings back aches, swollen ankles and punches to the bladder but it really is all worth it. Every movement from him reminds me that he is growing and getting stronger.

This year has proved to be one of my most challenging yet. Thankfully through the challenges I have survived. I have not only survived but I have come out stronger. I've made it through things that I never thought possible to overcome. I am so looking forward to 2012. I'm praying that it holds more ups than downs.



Drink one for me because this prego will not be partaking of any alcohol! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment