~We have officially started solids with Landon. Yeah I wrote that post about waiting until he was 6 months old, but I also started noticing that he wasn't getting satisfied in the evening with just nursing. So I bit the bullet and gave cereal a try again. He loved it! No tongue thrust, ate it all, nursed and then slept 6 hours straight. What?! And after 2 days of getting his cereal at a certain time, he knew what time to expect it and would start getting fussy when it was around that time. Last night we tried peas for the first time mixed in with his rice cereal and he loved them as well. He also slept 8 1/2 hours straight last night. Yay!
~I had a root canal on Tuesday. Not fun. I have yet to recover since after it was done I got an infection. I currently look like a chipmunk. Definitely not my best look. :-(
~Kameron had two doctors appts on Wednesday. We saw her pediatrician and her dermatologist. She has been complaining non-stop as in everyday that her tummy hurts. We couldn't figure out why. So we took her to the doctor and he ordered an x-ray. Come to find out, even though she goes to the bathroom everyday, she is dealing with constipation. :-( After that lovely visit we went to her dermatologist. She has dealt with skin issues since she was a baby. She has really bad eczema, especially on her hands. She has also been dealing with sweaty hands and feet since she was less than a year old. This non-stop sweating just makes her eczema on her hands worse. She has been officially diagnosed with hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating of the hands and feet) in addition to the eczema. Once we get her eczema under control we will begin treatment for the hyperhydrosis and hopefully get some results. It makes me sad to see her struggle with holding a pencil or crayon because her hands are pouring sweat.
~Landon's tooth is still not through the skin!!! What in the world?! You can see it, feel it under the gum but it just won't pop through. He also has another tooth on the bottom that is finally showing up as well.
~Teething is a pain for him and me!! He gnaws on everything, including me! He bit me about 10 times in one day. I was almost to my breaking point, but I keep pushing through. I know that eventually he will stop biting me (I hope!) and I know he doesn't mean to bite me, his gums just hurt. Yesterday he wouldn't stop crying even though I was holding him because he was in so much pain. I feel so bad for him! :-(
~Landon never slept in his room. hahaha. But it wasn't because I didn't want him to, it was because I couldn't get the monitor to work. The kids rooms are on the other side of the house so I have to have 2 monitors. The monitors I have will not work together without a ton of background noise and squealing. So he is back in our room. Not that I mind at all!
~Landon is trying more everyday to sit up. Sometimes he can do it for a while, but he normally will start rocking back and forth and proceed to fall over if you don't catch him.
~Landon is also starting to push up on his knees and feet when he is on his tummy. The only problem.....he doesn't push up on his arms at the same time. So he will have his face planted into the ground and will be going to town with his knees/feet. It cracks me up every time!
~I officially need a maid. I can not keep up with all the laundry, cooking and cleaning or my school work. Some days I feel utterly defeated when I look around and it looks like I have done nothing all day, but I feel exhausted like I have been running a marathon. But such is life. One day my house will stay clean, maybe when the kids go off to college! lol
And here are a couple pictures
![]() |
| My big girl! |
![]() |
| Landon enjoying his peas! |
![]() |
| Looking like a big boy in his highchair! :) |
![]() |
| And i love this shirt my mom got him. He apparently thinks it is funny too! :) |




Sounds like you guys have a lot going on! I feel for each of you! Root canal, constipation and teething! :( Hopefully every starts feeling better soon <3
ReplyDeleteyay for landon liking the cereal and peas - such cute photos!
ReplyDeleteouch, i am so sorry to hear about the infection after the root canal! i hope you are feeling much better. much love and many prayers for you and kameron. i'm so sorry she has to go through all of that. i have been and will be thinking about you!!
thanks for all your support, rian. means tons to me. <3
xoxo
maria