Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall

As the days go by we are getting closer and closer to my favorite time of the year....fall!


I love fall, there are so many things to love about fall. The way the cool wind blows across your face as you walk outside, and the distinct way the now cooler air smells. The trees become God's canvas as He begins to paint them in beautiful rust oranges, golden yellows and dark reds.



I love riding in the car with the windows down, the music blasting and glancing in the rear view mirror as the leaves swirl and scatter behind my car.


As far back as I can remember, every fall we would have a fire where we would roast hot dogs and marshmallows. We would all be bundled up in our sweatshirts and sit around the fire telling stories. The food was good, the stories are almost always crazy and I will always remember the laughs.


You can't mention fall without mentioning FOOTBALL!! I've always watched football, and liked it. From watching the NFL with my dad to attending my high school football games. I absolutely loved being in the color-guard in school and going to the games to cheer on our team. The cold air, the sounds of the band playing music (Oh, sweet child o' mine) , the feel of the stadium seat vibrating as people stomped their feet and the wonderful feeling you get as your team scores! In my opinion there was nothing better. But high school couldn't last forever. After that the only football I watched was the occasional NFL game. But that all changed about 4 years ago. I went from someone who didn't really care about college football to a HUGE Gamecock fan!!!! I look forward to the start of the season, I plan my day around when the game comes on (if it's on TV) and my heart races as I watch the game. I scream at the TV if they fumble the ball, I jump up and down when they score and I have huge pride when they win. When they lose, that's a different story! Nah....I still love them, but I will just be bummed that they lost. I love seeing the stadium and I can't wait to one day go to a game.






Also with fall comes Halloween and Thanksgiving. I love Halloween now that I have a child and I get to dress her up in cute clothes, and I am sure that as she gets older and wants to pick out what she will be I will love it even more. And I love Thanksgiving for what it means, and for the food. Yeah....I love the food! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment