Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Monday, September 20, 2010

The little moments

Life more often that not overwhelms me. Whether it's the good times or the bad times, I still find myself over taken by it. Since having Kameron my life has changed tremendously. The life I knew is no longer. I no longer work full time, I no longer can just chill out and watch T.V., I no longer have a lot of me time. Do I regret it? No way whatsoever!!! When you become a parent you quickly realize that your life is no longer about you. It's not about what you want or need, it is now about what your child needs or wants. And if you still live your life like you don't have children when you do in fact have them, I think that it's just you being selfish (I'm just saying). When you become a parent you have to learn to become selfless. Do I still become overwhelmed with my new responsibilities? Yes, almost every day, I at some point become overwhelmed. In those moments I try to reflect on the little moments that make all of it worth it.


  • When she looks at me and smiles
  • When she hugs my neck and gives me a kiss
  • When she calls my name (even if it's for the umpteenth time), "Mooooooommmma!"
  • When she tells me "nite nite" and grabs her pillow and pulls it behind her to her room when it's time for her nap
  • When she asks for "datdog" every morning when she wakes up because she wants to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
  • When she learns a new word or words everyday (yesterday was apple)
  • When she says "mmmmmm, good" whenever something tastes good
  • When she says "ahoo" whenever she sees a football game on T.V.
  • When she sits still for a little bit so I can snuggle with her
There are so many things I could list. I love that little girl more that I have ever loved anything. Every time I see her it's like the first time I met her. My heart fills up with such joy, to the point it fills like it could burst. She is my world, and I wouldn't change a thing!

My heart, my world, my daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment