Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Taking a break...

At the end of week one of potty training Kameron was completely unsuccessful. I was unsuccessful as well. She couldn't get the whole telling me she had to go before she went and on occasion I couldn't get her to the bathroom in time. About halfway through the week I realized that she was holding it for long periods of time. I'm talking 6 hours and up to 10 hours...no pee. This was very odd for her.

On Monday I ended up taking her to the doctor to have her ears checked out since she was pulling on them and had a nasty cold. Turns out her ears are fine but I asked the doctor about her holding it for so long. His advice....take a break from potty training. But we just started?! His theory is that she just really isn't ready yet, hasn't quite gotten the mechanics of voiding on command and therefore is holding it. So I took his advice. No more asking her if she has to go, no more sitting her on the potty, no more potty training. I figured that if she asks to sit on the potty that I will put her on there but otherwise I'm not going to bother with it for now. Lo and behold, she has been going to the bathroom just like normal all day now. So it looks like we are on hold right now but will hopefully pick up training again in a couple of months. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment