Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A good life

As I danced in my living room with Kameron today to the sounds of One Republic I stared at her in wonder with the amazing gift that I have. My eyes grew misty as I listened to the lyrics

"When you're happy like a fool 
Let it take you over 
When everything is out 
You gotta take it in.... 
....Hopelessly
I'm taking a mental picture of you now
'Cuz hopelessly
The hope is we have so much to feel good about"

I want to remember every little detail about her at this age. I want to memorize us dancing in the living room with our hair tussled from sleeping, our t-shirts billowing out around us as we spin and the sweet sound of her laughter erupting out of her as I make a silly move. I want to treasure every second that I have and marvel at the good life that I have. Many people probably wouldn't choose my life but that's okay because I probably wouldn't choose theirs. My life is not easy and at times it is overwhelming but it is a good life. My daughter, my husband and my family are the pure joy in my life.  I hope I will always remember to slow down and enjoy the moments while they are here. Moments go by so fast and you can't enjoy them when they are gone; you have to grab a hold to them now and enjoy them to the extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment