Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Go away sickness!!




I have to say that I am completely over my children being sick! The past 6 weeks I have been to the doctor 3 or 4 times. I am so familiar with the doctor's office that I know which wall art is in what room just by the room number; yeah I've been there too much!

So let's back up.....Last Tuesday Kameron started with a snotty nose. I thought nothing of it until she started having a horrible cough on Friday. This is the third bad cough she has had within the last 6 weeks only this cough was even worse than the other ones. I gave her mucinex. I gave her bromfed and no relief. She wasn't running a fever so I thought we would ride it out until last night. Last night as she was getting her bath I realized that she was wheezing. Cough I can handle; wheezing I can not. I knew something was up with her airways and knew I would be taking her to the doctor today.


Now onto Landon, he has been teething obviously but he was super cranky this weekend. At first I contributed it to teeth, then I contributed it to my antibiotic I had been taking (oh you know, the second one I have been on for my stupid tooth!) so I stopped taking the antibiotics and he improved. But yesterday he was cranky again and started running a low grade fever. Landon never gets a fever with his teeth. The only time he has had a fever has been when he had an ear infection. He had been sounding snotty but nothing had come out of his nose even if I suctioned it. So I decided that I would take him as well.

Got to the doctor today, get both kids weighed. Kameron has lost a whole pound in 2 weeks due to being sick. She now weighs 28.8 pounds. Landon....well....Landon weighs 18 pounds 15 ounces!!!! What?! Look at my chunky boy sitting up!



Really.....could he have anymore rolls?!?! lol. So the doctor came in and checked Landon out. The verdict....an ear infection. Sometimes I know what I am talking about! lol. Then he asked what number ear infection we are on with Landon. This one makes his third infection. He said we will keep an eye on him and if he continues to get infections through out the winter we may be referred to an ENT. :-( I really hope that he doesn't get any more and that he doesn't have to have tubes. I know the surgery for tubes wouldn't be that bad, but the whole anesthesia thing really makes me worry.

Then he checked out Kameron. Her ears checked out fine but he said that it sounded like her airways were restricted. We then talked about how this is her third cough in a short amount of time and my family history of asthma (my mom and my sister have it). He said it is definitely a possibility that she may be starting asthma and in some cases it first presents itself with a persistent cough. He ordered a breathing treatment and we were sent home with a nebulizer. For now we are doing treatments at home twice a day and both kids are taking a new antibiotic with hopes of clearing these things up.

Here is Kameron carrying her bag with her nebulizer in it.

Photo: Carrying her on nebulizer. :(

She was so excited to show it to her daddy when we got home and even held the mask herself for her last treatment of the day.


Such a big girl now!

And because my daughter is so sweet and likes to share, she has given me her sickness! :-( So not cool, but that's what happens when your daughter continually coughs on you! hahaha

Hopefully I will be on the mend soon as well as my sweet babies. I hate when they are sick, it just breaks my heart!

I will be back next week with Landon's 6 month post. Can't believe he is growing up so fast on me. :-((((

2 comments:

  1. MV is going to the doctors this afternoon :( I thought he was just teething too but he's started sounding wheezing and snotty.

    Your lo's are super adorable even when sick :) I hope they are both feeling better soon and you too of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so sorry to hear about landon's third ear infection! he is still such smiley boy through the pain. and omygoodness, so cute in his dr's photo! i want to hold him. :)
    kameron is a cutie and so sweet - love the photos!
    i hope they feel better very soon and that you are able to get some much needed rest. <3
    lots of love, rian!
    xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete