Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

He's here!!!

Landon Frederick was born on Wednesday, March 28th at 9:09 am. He was 7 lbs even and 19 1/2 inches long.


After having contractions for several weeks along with pain along my scar from my previous c-section I was getting pretty exhausted. This past weekend was pretty painful as I had contractions all day and night every day and they were always followed by incision pain. At my doctor's appointment on Tuesday it showed that I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes and off I was sent to the hospital for observation and to try to stop the contractions. Despite being given 3 bags of fluid and a shot I was still contracting.  I spent Tuesday night in the hospital for further observation and the decision was made Wednesday morning to go ahead a take him. I was scared, excited and nervous. I was very nervous about the section because my previous one was so bad. Thankfully the section went way better than last time. My doctor did have to work through a lot of scar tissue and then discovered that part of my uterus was really thin. She told me that it was very good that we went ahead and did the section when we did because my uterus could have ruptured within a week.

I am so glad that things turned out okay. Despite being 3 weeks early, Landon is perfect. He scored 8/9 of the apgar, has no problems breathing and is nursing like a champ. He is so sweet and his snuggles are even sweeter.

Kameron is doing great being a big sister and seems as besotted with him as everyone else.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! He is beautiful and has such a sweet little face :) Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!! He is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! He's so handsome! Hope both mommy and little man are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, ladies!! We are doing great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. he looks like his big sister!! i know u are so excited to have him in your arms! congratulations to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's absolutely darling! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this?! Omg!!!! Hes beautiful!, congrats momma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Heather!

    PS. Sorry I called you Michelle for so long via comments. I blame pregnancy brain for that. Lol

    ReplyDelete