Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Friday, June 29, 2012

3 months old!

Oh be still my heart....I can not believe my baby is three months old. I barely remember the tiny little baby he was. The past three months have been the best ever. I am so in love with my little guy. There are times that I am so lost in that love with him that I will just stare at him as tears run down my face. I never knew I could love like this. What a blessing he is.


Here are his 3 month stats:




Weight:
15 pounds of pure loveable chunk! I cannot believe he is so chunky. He is seriously so chunky that he has rolls behind his knees and his legs stay pretty stiff because the skin is so tightly stretched. :-/

Length:
24 inches. Still short but he is growing.

Hair/Eyes:
What hair?! Hahaha….poor child has a little ring on the back of his head, one completely slick bald spot and fuzz on the rest of his head. Somedays his head looks pretty bald and shiny! But he is still cute!!
Right now his eyes are still a bluish, gray color. Around his irises they sometimes look green.

Clothing Size:
He is still kind of all over the place....sometimes 0-3 months still fit but mostly he is wearing 3 months and sometimes 6 months.

Diapers:
I was a pampers fan with Kameron and went that route with Landon, but I got a wild hair and decided to try the Target diapers. I LOVE THEM!! They work just as great as the pampers. He can fit in size 2 in their brand for right now, but I think we will be making the switch to size 3 soon.

Sleeping:
Sleeping through the night!!! YAY!!!! I still can’t believe it, but I totally love it. Now I just wish I could sleep too. My crazy body is still out of whack.

Eating:
He is still exclusively breastfeeding. He normally eats every 2-3 hours during the day.

New Developments:
Trying to grab his toys, almost rolling over, laughing, blowing spit bubbles, squealing, sucking his thumb

Favorite Things:
Eating and his thumb!

Other:
I love how Landon can be fussing but as soon as he sees me he starts smiling. It melts my heart every time.

I love to watch him checking out Kameron and what she is doing. He will just stare at her sometimes and if she starts talking to him, he starts smiling. Love it!

Whenever he gets really hungry he bumps my chest with his head and tries to shimmy down into position to nurse even when I’m not ready. If I don’t get him into position quick enough he will start to throw a fit.

He knows the boppy is for feeding time so if I put him on the boppy to prepare him to eat, he starts getting really excited and shakes his hands while he grins at me.

Pretty sure we are teething to a degree. His spit output has definitely increased and he has started chomping on me some when he is eating (ouch!). I’m not surprised he is an early teether as Kameron started around this time and her first tooth broke through at 4 months old.

Pictures to come…..I haven’t got to take his 3 month ones yet! :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy 3 Months! :)
    (I just realized I missed a bunch of your posts!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy 3 months to your beautiful boy!
    it must be so sweet to watch him and his sister interact together. i can't wait to see his photos!!
    wishing you and your family a wonderful fourth!! <3
    xoxoxo
    maria

    ReplyDelete