Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nom, Nom, Thumb!

In my last post I talked about how Landon is now sleeping through the night. I truly believe the reason he sleeps through the night is because he has become a self soother. His new buddy (and my buddy!) is his thumb. About a 2 weeks ago he found his thumb.


With each day his thumb found it's way to his mouth more and more often. If he started getting fussy and I knew he was tired, I would put him in his bed to soothe himself to sleep.

going to town!!

Typically he would be in the bed around 5-10 minutes before I found him like this.                                     



Anytime during the night if he wakes up, I will hear him squirming around and then shortly after that I hear him smacking on his thumb. 
His favorite position to sleep in .


Of course he doesn't just suck his thumb when he is sleeping, he has also taken to sucking it during the day. I know at some point I will have to break him of this habit, but I am in no rush whatsoever!! Besides.....who could make him stop this cuteness?!



2 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness, what a sweetie...I love the last photo with him smiling. I was a thumb sucker too. He's so adorable, Rian!
    I hope you're having a wonderful week!
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo cute! MV was beginning to suck his thumb but I think the teething has interrupted that :( it would be so nice!

    ReplyDelete