Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy Half Year Birthday!

I can't believe my little guy is 6 months old. I know I say it every month, but seriously, each month goes by faster than the last one. Here are his 6 month stats:


Weight:
19 pounds 1 ounce. This puts him in the 79th percentile for weight. In almost 2 weeks he has only put on 2 ounces, very odd for him. But his doctor said it is completely normal at this point in time because he is getting more mobile.

Length:
26 ¾ inches! This puts him in the 57th percentile for length.
Oh and as a side note, his head measured 17 ½ inches around. This puts him in the 83rd percentile for head circumference! Apparently he has a big head. lol

Hair/Eyes:
We have hair!!! And while it may not be a whole lot; it is definitely more than it used to be, and it is brown.
Eyes are green! :-)

Clothing Size:
9 months, 9-12 months, 12 months. If I am lucky sometimes I can squeeze him into a 6 month outfit, but usually only if it doesn’t have sleeves.

Diapers:
Still size 4

Sleeping:
Eh. Still not great, but I know it is because of his teeth.
Also, he is officially sleeping in his crib. Last night was his 3rd night in his room. I almost had a panic attack his first night sleeping all the way at the other end of the house all by himself. I’m talking heart racing, felt like I couldn’t breathe because he wasn’t in the room with me. It took all I had to not run down there and put him back in my room. So as I compromise I turned the monitor up as loud as it would go.

Eating:
Still breastfeeding every 2-4 hours and we are now on solids. He absolutely loves vegetables, but does not like fruits yet.

New Developments:
Rolling all over the place especially when he sees a toy that he wants.
Scooting around on his belly, he evens pivots around on his belly in a complete circle.
Has learned his name.
Getting up on his hands and knees some, crawling here we come!
Can sit unassisted for short periods of time.

Favorite Things:
Eating, his jumperoo, his sister, his toy monkey

Random Things:
So we had 2 teeth, one has since disappeared due to excessive swelling. But we definitely have a really big tooth thru the skin on the bottom, one coming in next to it and two coming in up top. This would explain why he is so fussy!

Kameron has officially reached a sort of jealous stage (only took 5 ½ months!), but I say this because she is constantly taking his toys. She not only takes them, she hides them. I find them constantly in her bed under the covers. Even though she is jealous, she still loves him endlessly and is constantly trying to play with him and talking to him.

My boy is so ticklish. I love tickling him because his laugh is so adorable.

He is officially starting to sound like a little boy instead of a baby. His cry and his laugh have definitely matured. So sad.

In 6 months, 4 days I will have a 4 year old and a 1 year old. WHAT?!?!?! That is crazy to think about especially considering how fast these past 6 months have gone by.

I should have some pictures up sometime next week to document his half year birthday. I am trying to plan something special for him and his sister. Stay tuned!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Happy six months to Landon!!
    It's so cute he recognizes his name! Yay for sleeping in his crib...I hope each night gets easier and easier for you! Looking forward to your photos! So sweet that you're planning a celebration!
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 6 Months! He's had such a busy month too!

    ReplyDelete