Tonight I'm making the big move, moving Landon into his room. :-(((( yeah, yeah....he has been in my room sleeping in the pack and play for 5 months now. His big ole 18lb booty still sleeping in it. My main reason for keeping him in my room was the fact that he kept choking in his sleep; so I wanted him near in case I had to rush to him to help him breathe. I haven't had to hurry to his bed to beat him on the back in order for him to quit choking in a while. I honestly can't believe he has been in my room this long. By the time Kameron was 8 weeks old she was in her room. She was such a loud sleeper (still is) and I couldn't get any sleep from all the noise she was making plus her getting up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours, so to her room she went. Landon is the complete opposite. He barely makes a peep unless he is waking up because he is hungry. He has been great and I haven't had a problem with him sleeping in our room. So tonight will be his first trial run in his room.....all the way down at the other end of the house! Eeeeeek....I'm kinda nervous! But I have a baby monitor and I faith that he will be perfectly fine. I hope that tonight goes well and that I can sleep despite worrying about him. I think this is even harder than I ever thought it would be. It was so easy to move Kameron to her room; I actually breathed a sigh of relief. I guess knowing that he is the last baby that will be sleeping in my room is what makes it harder. I want him to stay little just a little bit longer, but sadly he is growing up super fast!
On another note, his tooth is actually visible in his mouth now!! You can see his big ole white tooth right under the gum now. I am giving it another couple of days and I bet it will be through the gums! See!!! Growing up way too fast!!
You are one brave Momma! I don't think I will ever put Haven in her own room. Ryan keeps asking why we even put all of that hard work into her nursery :p
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see pictures of him with his first little tooth... I bet it's going to be too much cuteness to handle!
I hope his first night and your first night went well! :) I imagine it has gotta be so tough and bittersweet!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there, Rian!!
Thinking of you!
Xoxox
Maria