Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

5 months old~ Stats and Pictures!


Weight:
It’s been almost a week since he was weighed and he was 17 lbs 10ozs.  Given his track record of putting on at least 6 ozs a week, I’m guessing he is at 18 lbs or more by now.

Length:
26 inches!

Hair/Eyes:
Still just a fuzzy head, but I like to believe that his hair is finally starting to come in.
His eyes are still iffy, they mainly look green most of the time.

Clothing Size:
6 months and 6-9 months.

Diapers:
Size 4!!! I was trying to keep him in the size 3 diapers because they go up to 28 lbs but he kept having blowouts, so we made the move up.

Sleeping:
Some good days, some bad days. Teething has really messed up his sleeping; especially his naps during the day.

Eating:
He is still exclusively breastfeeding.

New Developments:
Rolling over all the time now! He went from not really moving to moving all the time! He found his feet and never wants to let them go. Lol. He is getting really good at grabbing his toys and getting them to his mouth. I love to watch him exploring his environment.

Favorite Things:
Eating and his feet!!

Random Things:
I never thought I would have such a big baby! Just as reference; when Kameron was a year old she weighed 18 lbs and was 28 inches long, Landon is already almost that big and he isn’t even 6 months old!!!! The boy is putting a hurting on my arms, shoulders and back!

We saw his GI doctor last week and talked about how things will go from here on out with his allergies and reflux. Right now we are continuing with our current plan; avoiding all dairy/soy products, taking prevacid twice a day and bethanicol 4 times a day. When we go back in 2 months we will try to wean him off the bethanicol and try to reintroduce dairy. I sure hope he does well with that. So say a prayer for him!

And now for the picture overload!! :-)

At first Landon wasn't too sure about having pictures taken.....

Then he warmed up to the idea


Then he had to roll over



Checking out the camera


And this face really cracks me up! "Why yes I think I am very cute!"

Starting to get tired of pictures


Yelling at me! "Are we done yet?!"

Chewing on the blanket because he was bored

And then he rolled over in it! lol

And this was the result. "Seriously....are we done now?!" hahahaha

****Edit: Took Landon to the doctor today (8/29/2012) for a follow up on his ear infection. Good news is that is perfectly healthy and weighed exactly 18lbs even and has 2 teeth about to break through on the bottom!

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated 5 months!! He's getting so big! And I thought MV was big for his age lol they are practically the same size :)
    Love the pictures! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My boy is chunker for sure! I can't believe our boys are getting so big!

      Delete
  2. Aww! Rian, these photos are so great! I love his plaid shorts and tie shirt!! My friends children are the same. Her son is only a couple months and is less than ten lbs. away from his sister who is two yrs. older than him. :)
    Landon is a cutie!!
    Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! I can't believe Landon is so big already! I hope you are having a great week so far!

      Delete