I should be working on school work right now but I can't get this overwhelming feeling out of my heart. This feeling that I am so incredibly blessed. I look at the pictures of my children from Sunday and I can't believe these two beautiful children are mine. I look at them and my heart swells and I smile so big. Sure we have challenging days, but each day is filled with moments of pure bliss that these children fill my once empty arms. They are such a blessing to me even on bad days.
Then this past Friday we were able to purchase a new (well new to us car). For 2 1/2 years I have had my dream car/truck. A beautiful, black Chevy Tahoe; it was completely loaded with everything you could imagine. I loved everything about it except the high payment and low gas mileage. Even though we have done better budgeting ourselves with our groceries, we still weren't saving enough money each month. Honestly some months we were really struggling. Then add in a TON of unexpected bills; root canal and crown for me and then my Tahoe started having transmission problems. We were completely upset because there went all of our Christmas money. I sobbed thinking that I would not be able to buy my children any presents for Christmas. Yes, I know they wouldn't know any different, but I would know. So we prayed and prayed. Freddie came up with the idea that maybe we should try to get another car, one that would have a cheaper payment. I wasn't sure I wanted to or that we could get approved (we have had some serious financial hardships in the past 1 1/2 years). But we gave it shot. The first dealership we went to wouldn't give us hardly anything for my truck; disappointed we left. That night talking to Freddie I was so sad and I even uttered the words to him "I just don't understand. God knows what we need, but why didn't it work out". We then decided to check with the dealership that we bought my truck from and other previous vehicles. They had a Ford Edge that was in our price range. I had never thought about getting an Edge. It is much smaller than my Tahoe and did not have third row. After praying about it and talking with Freddie, I felt that the Edge was what we needed to pursue. We don't have a necessity for a third row and saving in gas mileage would be beneficial as well. We drove an hour away just to test drive it, I loved it. We then filled out the paper work and prayed waiting for an answer. The dealership gave us $4,500 more on my trade than the previous dealership and we got approved with an excellent rate. Our car payment went down $220!!!!!! When the sales manager gave us the new car payment I about cried. And to top it off, we won't have a car payment for the month of October. That meant that I was now able to buy Christmas presents for my children. :-)
This experience really showed me how that if you seek after God, in everything that you do, that he will bless you. Sure some days it is hard to trust in him and you doubt him, but in the end you have to put your faith in him. And walking in faith, you will receive blessings.
I am so blessed to have the amazing husband that I have, the beautiful children that I have, and an ever growing relationship with God.
Congratulations, Rian!! I'm so happy it all worked out for you! And a $220 savings - that's amazing!! Steve and I have been talking about trading in our Mountaineer all weekend...we aren't sure yet, but I had to smile bc some of the points you brought up (abt not needing third row) were exactly the ones Steve was saying to me. What's also funny is I told him I LOVE Tahoes! Lol!
ReplyDeleteVery happy for you! God is good.
Xoxox
Maria
Thanks so much, Maria! I am so happy about saving money even if it meant getting rid of the awesome Tahoe. I'm not going to lie, it was an awesome car!! The absolute only downfall was the gas mileage. Deciding what vehicles will work best for what you need is always a hard decision for me, but surprisingly this one was easier than I expected. :-)
Delete