Welcome!!!

I am so glad that you have made it to my blog. My name is Rian, and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years. We welcomed our first child, a beautiful baby girl, in April 2009. In March 2011, we sadly lost our second child to a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant. Our son was born in March 2012. This is my blog....the journey through my life with the people that I love.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

I'm how old?!

Yesterday was my birthday, my last birthday in my twenties. Where did my early twenties go? Here I am knocking on the door of 30....only 364 days to go to that birthday milestone. So here I am 29. Since I am now dairy and soy free I figured that there would be no way I would be able to enjoy a birthday cake this year, but I was wrong! My husband found this recipe for a chocolate cake. And then I found this recipe for icing. It was delicious!!! And it was vegan and soy free!!! So happy!!

The cake

the icing....I added a tablespoon of water to make it more like a glaze

And the finished product. Only half iced per the request of my mom. :)

In all turning 29 wasn't that bad. I had a great day filled with family. My mom made a wonderful lunch full of vegetables, followed by my cake and boiled peanuts. I also got some awesome presents! :) But the best present of all was being able to hold my baby boy and enjoy spending time with my family.

2 comments:

  1. happy, happy birthday, rian!!
    i hope your day was amazing adn full of fun and love <3
    your cake looks amazing...yum!

    i hope 29 is a wonderful and exciting year for you. <3
    as always, thank you for your sweet words of encouragement!
    xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete